A different article this week but I hope you’ll enjoy it.
Even though spring is here in Europe, many of us suffer from anxiety at this period. The fault of lack of sun, a life too hectic, daily obligations, and all kinds of things that take our energy without us knowing how to gain it back.
Anxiety is defined as the state of mental disorder caused by fear of danger. By extension it means a big worry. I won’t go into detail today, but you should know that 4% of the world's population suffers from anxiety, which represents 275 million people.
I’m intimately convinced that being happy calm our anxiety, but the key to happiness is through inner peace and this is where we go in circles ... What should we listen / treat first?
Without knowing the answer, I chose to work on both sides.
After my Solo Wedding in Santorini, I was asked several times, including by journalists (Article Life Changer), how I was staying positive. I’ve already partially answered this question in my article Happiness Activist, but I’m going to tell more today.
In the book I'm currently writing about my solo wedding, I dedicate an entire chapter to this topic, and it starts that way, answering the question, how do you stay so positive? I say, "I didn’t have a choice! ".
We aren’t born optimistic, we become so, we build ourselves so, by experience, hardships, failures, loss of loved ones ... We learn that there are tomorrows and we must deal with it. Obviously, we can stay hidden in bed, or behind an invisible shield of misfortune and bad luck, and declaring ourselves unfit for happiness for the rest of our life. If we’re able to do that, we’re also able to take care of ourselves and to become happy, and today many techniques and methods are there to accompany us.
I’ve been practicing positive psychology for a very long time, but also hatha yoga that I taught, and then I added meditation.
These different techniques taught me how to reduce my stress, to listen to my mind and body, to breathe literally and figuratively.
But above all, I learned to surround myself with the right people and avoid those who take my oxygen.
Books, social media, life coaching, motivational speakers give you many tips to help you live better, so explore and find what works for you.
The greatest issue of our modern society, it's not taking time for ourselves, even on vacation. How many of you put an alarm clock? Or have a list of things to do? You have to learn to take breaks and decompress. Easier to say, well, I know all excuses are good, especially the lack of time.
I know everyone doesn’t necessarily have the energy or the mind to practice methods with long-term results, so today I'd like to share with you an easy, positive thinking exercise that only takes a few seconds a day!
It'd have been proven that it takes 21 days to change one's mindset or habit. The controversy exists and the researchers "seek" the truth ... In the meantime, I just decided to believe it and it worked, so I continued.
Just repeat a positive sentence three times a day, in the morning when you wake up, during the day and before going to bed, in a calm environment.
I give you a list of positive thoughts, for you to choose at least 21 that you like (a different one each day), or to write others with your own words. Know that this process works for any type of goal: lose weight, quit smoking, improve self-confidence, find the man/woman of your life, get a promotion ...
And do not settle for 21 days, keep applying it afterwards as I did. Every day, I read some positive quotes and affirmations.
Positive attracts positive, so be inspired and stop doubting, you can do it!
• I have confidence in myself and in my intuition to have the life I desire
• I deserve to have time for myself
• Every day I am naturally more relaxed
• People like who I am
• I have the courage to ask for help when I need it
• I accept that everything is not perfect or planned
• I am an exceptional person
• I attract positive energies
• I accept happiness in my life with open arms
• I can recognise toxic people around me and get rid of them
• I learn to breathe literally and figuratively
• Being alone helps me refocus
• I take time to think about solutions before stressing unnecessarily
• I am grateful for happiness in my life
• I deserve to be happy
• I am grateful for my past mistakes as they made me, and I am proud of who I’ve become
• It is beneficial to do nothing
• Every problem has a potential solution and if there is none, it does not matter
• I am relaxed and confident
• I forgive people from my past and I move on with an open heart
• Today I choose to be happy
• I have confidence in the future
• I am proud of who I am
• I am connected to an infinite source of happiness in my life
• I am strong and courageous
• I am grateful to have found inner peace
• I trust my instinct in my words and actions
• I have lots of love in my life
• I enjoy life without stress
• I know how to listen to my body and my mind
• I am full of positive energy
• My life is open to joy
• I forgive my past mistakes and I show compassion for myself and for others
And I couldn’t talk about this without applying it to myself, so no article next week, I'll relax by attending some amazing exhibitions to feed my soul and my curious mind ...
Next article on April 20th!
Love & Happiness,